Friday, March 7, 2014

Warm Quinoa "Salad"

Today is Friday and it is the season of Lent, so in my household that means no meat.
Today I wanted to cook those frozen tilapias from my last blog post.  And since today is a Friday of a very long week and March Break is about to start, I didn't want to spend time making a new recipe.  So I just used the same recipe as last time.  You can find it here: http://cucinadiheartz.blogspot.ca/2014/02/baked-tilapia-baby-spinach-salad.html

I put the fish on top of a bed of quinoa that I'd like to call a "salad" but in my traditional understanding of the word, it isn't.

Here is the recipe:

Ingredients
1 cup quinoa
2 cups water
salt
3-4 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp dill
salt and pepper to taste
1 tomato, chopped
1 cup mixed greens or baby spinach
feta cheese (optional)

Directions
1. Cook the quinoa according to package, typically 2 cups of boiling water for 1 cup of quinoa, until the water has disappeared, about 15 minutes.  Let cool 5 minutes.
2. Add lemon juice, olive oil, dill and salt and pepper, mix together.  Add tomato and mixed greens; stir.  Add feta if you are using it.



No comments:

Post a Comment